Friday, March 7, 2008

I stop by the shoe lockers on my way out of school. Here I keep my "outside" shoes during the workday when I'm wearing my knock-off crocs. Street shoes aren't allowed anywhere in the school, and if I want to enter the gym I need a second pair of indoor shoes kept in yet another set of shoe lockers. Each small lockless locker has its owner's name pasted on the outside. Mine simply reads: "Luther." My last name is used by very few people (and misspelled, even in their own alphabet when it is) and as for the rest of my school I don't think they even know I have a last name. I'm kind of like a one name celebrity. Like Sting or Bono or....Cher. (shudder)...ok I don't want to think of myself like that anymore.

I won't even get into the inconveniences that having a middle name has caused me.

So I guess one name will suffice for the time being. But, if you are one of those people back home who knows my name - really knows it - and can pronounce it correctly, I'd love to hear you say it some time. Heck, you could just write it and draw a little picture of those words coming out of your mouth. I'd be happy.

1 comment:

Marie said...

LUTHER AARON FLAGSTAD! There, I "said" it. I mean, I said it out loud here but I doubt you could hear me...unless you have super extendable ears.

I miss you, pal. I wish we could talk but I still can't find a mic for my computer. Drat. Hopefully soon.