Sunday, January 13, 2008

I live on the ocean

"I live on the ocean"
by Luther Flagstad

I live on the ocean, yeah the ocean

Where the land meets blue

And the mountains kiss the sea.


My time waits and radiates

A love of that’s ancient and grey.


I sing to the ocean, yeah the ocean

And take another drag.

Where moonshine tastes like sweet rice cakes

And reflects off the wavetops to me.


I smile for the ocean, yeah the ocean

With its roaring surf and unknown deeps.

The sun it soaks into me.


My bicycle takes a hundred wakes

And keeps on lickin’ and tickin’.

It’s over now for a thousand hours

Till heat grabs me and bakes.


I stand by the ocean, yeah the ocean

Who dares defy me with her.

I know it and then it scares me again

Till I go begging on knees.


I fancy the ocean, yeah the ocean

Please take me down someday.

For there’s no other tow I’d rather pull

Than the final one left for me.

No comments: