Sunday, July 13, 2008

Read the post before this one first

Woah - I just watched a video of Phil Wickham's song True Love on GodTube. It's a really great song and I'm about to go download it as soon as I type in here. It made me realize that I forgot the reason why I even began to write my last post. I originally had wanted to comment on Dawkins' last statement in the God vs. Science debate. Here it is:

"My mind is open to the most wonderful range of future possibilities, which I cannot even dream about, nor can you, nor can anybody else. What I am skeptical about is the idea that whatever wonderful revelation does come in the science of the future, it will turn out to be one of the particular historical religions that people happen to have dreamed up. When we started out and we were talking about the origins of the universe and the physical constants, I provided what I thought were cogent arguments against a supernatural intelligent designer. But it does seem to me to be a worthy idea. Refutable--but nevertheless grand and big enough to be worthy of respect. I don't see the Olympian gods or Jesus coming down and dying on the Cross as worthy of that grandeur. They strike me as parochial. If there is a God, it's going to be a whole lot bigger and a whole lot more incomprehensible than anything that any theologian of any religion has ever proposed."

As a Christian, I do believe that God is so much bigger than what any theologian or human being can propose. Most of the time our words and actions as Christians do the exact opposite of showing who God is, much less so even coming close to giving an accurate portrayal of just who the creator is. Words fail when it comes to God. Human argument falls flat. Analogies are insufficient. Our understanding is left wanting. Yes, God is incomprehensible. The Answer is more than we will ever be able to describe, more than we will ever know, more than we will ever realize. My only hope lies in the everlasting, all-encompassing, always active Creator and His Son and His Holy Spirit to reach the lives of my friends and the people I know, to direct the message of salvation and hope into each of their lives.

Job 36:29
Isaiah 40:13
Romans 11:34
I Corinthians 2:16

How awesome and incredible is that?

.

1 comment:

Blogstad said...

Another great resource is "The Truth Project" by a group at Focus on the Family". It does a great job in explaining God/Science and more importantly: Why does it matter to have a biblical world view.

You can read all about it here:
http://www.thetruthproject.org/whatistruthproject/