Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Something good

Here's the opening monologue to the movie Hitch - I liked it. So I memorized it.


Basic principles: No woman wakes up saying: "Gosh, I hope I don't get

swept off my feet today." Now, she might say, "This is a really bad time for me." Or something like, "I just need some space." Or my personal favorite: "I'm really into my career right now." You believe that? Neither does she. You know why? Because she's lying to you, that's why. You understand me? Lying. It's not a bad time for her. She doesn't need any space. She may be into her career... but what she's really saying is, "Get away from me now." Or possibly, "Try harder, stupid." Well, which one is it? 60% of all human communication is nonverbal. Body language. 30% is your tone. So that means that 90% of what you're saying... ain't coming out of your mouth. Of course she's gonna lie to you - She's a nice person, she doesn't wanna hurt your feelings. What else is she gonna say? She doesn't even know you. Yet.

Basic principles: No matter what, no matter when, no matter who... any man has a chance to sweep any woman off her feet. He just needs the right broom.



Of course, the spice of life will only get you so far. It's the garnish, it's the aroma - the spark, the rush, the stomach love.....but it's got to be based on something. Something stable and solid, something that pays the bills and does the laundry - cuts the grass and does the dishes.....speaking of which.....I better put this thing down.

.

No comments: